Friends of Ed;
Father had a busy day today! Several of his musical friends arrived to visit at about 1:45 and after hanging their coats and visiting for a bit, performed a clarinet quartet concert in the main Alta Vista Manor lounge. Of course I outfitted father with his portable oxygen system and he attended to concert.
 |
| The Clarinet Quartet |
The players (left to right) are Ben Greenberg, Gord Price, Peter Archibald, and Larry Sargent.
 |
| Father enjoying himself! |
 |
| Concert at the Manor March 27/2011 (Roberta Archibald to the right of father, myself to the left) |
After the concert there was much visiting and discussion about the concert. A few residents of the Manor came up to thank the Quartet personally. When the visiting wound down I asked father if there was anything else he wanted to do while he was out and about and he said to take him to the piano! I am quite sure he meant this in jest, but I was NOT going to let the opportunity escape! Off to the piano we went... Davina Pearl came along to help cajole father into doing some playing. We were at the piano for some time and eventually another resident of the Manor joined us in encouraging father. After a while it dawned on me that the gentleman was Bob Arbuckle, Judy Arbuckle's father! Judy went to High School in Ottawa with Sarah Roberts who is married to Ralph Roberts who is an Information Technology friend of mine in Victoria who... Never mind - It's complicated! Sarah had let me know a couple of weeks ago that Judy's father had moved to the Manor so I've been expecting to meet him sooner or later and now I have. It looks like Bob and father get along well so perhaps father has made a new friend.
Vince
No comments:
Post a Comment