Friday, April 29, 2011

Visit Thursday April 28th.

Friends of Ed;

          I had a phone call from Davina Pearl telling me that she had visited father this evening.  He was sleeping when she arrived but woke up after a while and she says they had a really nice visit.  Evidently the weather in Ottawa has been a bit rough lately and there have been some power failures.  The question came up of what happens to Alta Vista Manor and its residents if the power to the Manor is cut off.  This is something I investigated when scouting out the Manor and there is an adequately sized backup diesel generator.  During one of my walks over to the Manor in March I observed the generator being test run under load. It is reassuring to know that it is being properly maintained and tested so that it will actually work if necessary.

          Vince

No comments: