Friends of Ed;
I visited father over lunch today to make sure that having him take lunch in the dining room worked out OK. It is well that I did because the kitchen got the message and didn’t bring him lunch in his room, but the support staff didn’t get the message so they didn’t come to take him down to the dining room. Oh well… I took him down to the dining room with him using the walker and he had a nice lunch. I checked in with the nurses about the situation and they have informed the support staff so things should go more smoothly tomorrow. After lunch the physiotherapist came in and she took father for another little walk down to the lounge and back.
Because it was a beautiful day I decided to take father for a wheelchair outing and did the same walk father, Davina, and I did last Friday except that we went all the way to Kilborn Ave. (I confirmed that the path does indeed go all the way to Walkley Rd). On the way back father asked to do some more walking (using the wheelchair as a walker) and he walked something in the order of 200 meters! I was astounded… he just kept going and going! When we got back to AVM I made sure he lay down and had a nap before having to walk down to the dining room for dinner. I hope he didn’t overdo things… His capabilities and interests seem to be expanding rapidly over the past month! I went down to the physiotherapist's office to let her know what father had done and she was pretty impressed too!
Vince
No comments:
Post a Comment