Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Visit and Outing Tuesday June 21.

Friends of Ed;

          I had a really nice visit and outing with father today. After dinner we sat on his patio for a bit and then went out for a stroll with the wheelchair. The weather conditions were just perfect for an outing. Warm but not hot and not too sunny. We went along the same walking path behind Hillcrest High School where we went on June 10th and father remembered seeing the foxes on that outing - so there are certainly things that impress him enough to be remembered! We didn’t see the foxes this time, but lots of joggers, walkers, and cyclists gave us friendly greetings. We walked along the path as far as Pleasant Park Rd.  On the way back to Alta Vista Manor I detoured down the path that leads to Portage Avenue.  At this point father decided that he wanted to walk a bit so he did about 100 metres while pushing the wheelchair as a walker. We then followed Dauphin Road to Tweed. Unfortunately none of the neighbors were out, but we did take a little tour around the outside of father's house. It was a bit tricky getting the wheelchair into the back yard but I managed it by pulling the wheelchair backwards through the bumpy spots beside the back door of the house so father could give the garden in the back yard a close inspection.  We then wheeled back to the Manor by the route I usually take when I walk there. (Tweed to Hamlet to Dauphin to Botsford and then along the walking path to AVM)  Father said he thoroughly enjoyed the outing.  So do I!


          Vince

No comments: