Friends of Ed;
I visited father today, as I do most days, over the dinner hour and he seems to have nicely settled into the routine of having dinner in the dining room every day. I think I'll see if I can expand meals in the dining room to include both lunch and dinner starting next week.
For those of you interested in the video of the Centralaires concert of May 29th, I have dropped off the files with a friend and he is going to put them on a DVD. Copies should be available in my father's room sometime in the next week or so.
As many of you know my mother and father were always avid gardeners. I grew up with the concept that gardens were good things to do, though in recent years I have mostly done the chicken side of the "farming" business. Since I was in Ottawa at the appropriate time I thought it would be nice to plant the vegetable garden at father's house this year just as he used to do and hopefully he will enjoy coming over to see it once it gets going. If I'm really lucky there will even be some vegetables to eat when I am back in Ottawa in September. Today I marked out part of the back yard, hauled out the tiller, convinced it to start, and tilled up about a 4 metre square plot in the back yard. Hopefully the garden gods will smile on my efforts!
Vince
No comments:
Post a Comment